Friday, November 4, 2011

The Secret to Happiness, Health, and Wealth


Half a year ago, my life was not how I wanted it to be. I was unhappy. I was making stupid decisions and acting on impulse rather than logic. I had been in trouble a few times, and it continued to make me unhappy. Things gradually got worse and worse. Soon, my lack of happiness lead to anger, which lead to depression. I needed a way out of this rut. I was constantly looking for a way to make myself happier, and I was constantly looking for something to aide me in my troubles. For a long while, nothing changed. I was still unhappy. Fortunately, right at the moment I was about to yank out every last bit of my hair, the doorbell rang.

In walked a family friend whom I hadn't seen in ages. As we reminisced and I told her about recent events that had occurred in my life, she told me she had an answer. She went out to her car and returned with a book. The cover was tattered and the spine was a little torn, but it was still intact. "Read this," she said. "It'll change your life." I asked her what it was about and she simply said, "Just read it." After she left, I sat down and opened the book. It was called The Secret, and I'll tell you right now, it changed my life.

As I began reading, I soon learned everything I needed to know about how exactly to flip my life around, and in this article will only be a brief summary.

I bet you're wondering, "What is the secret?" I'll tell you.

In a nutshell, the universe works for you. Everything you could ever want or need, you can have. All you have to do is train your mind, which sounds kind of difficult, but it really isn't. The Secret revolves around the Law of Attraction, which means "like attracts like." Basically, everything that's coming into your life, good or bad, you attracted into your life. Want to know how? Your thoughts. Every thought you have has a frequency; some larger than others. We can literally measure a thought. If you continuously think about what you want, you're emitting that frequency on a consistent basis. Every thought you have sends out a message to the universe. The universe works around your thoughts. If you think negatively, negative things will be attracted into your life and vice-versa. The secret gives you everything you could ever want: happiness, health, and wealth.

There are three important steps on how to use the secret correctly.

Step one: Ask. You must ask the universe for what you want. Just ask for it. Eventually you'll get it. Every time. Guaranteed. There are no limits. Nothing is too big or too small. Literally, anything you want or ask for you will receive, due to the Law of Attraction. Somehow, one way or another, the universe will work around your thoughts to give you what you want. Period.

Step two: Believe. You must believe you will get what you've asked for. You have to truly know inside your mind that whatever you've asked for is on its way to you. If you see it in your mind, you have to know, soon enough, you will see it in your hands. Use this step by remembering three simple words: Thoughts. Become. Things. Ask for two-hundred dollars and believe you will, in a certain amount of time, receive two-hundred dollars. It's that simple.

Step three: Receive. Be ready to get what you want. Expect what you've asked for to be in your hands shortly. Prepare for what you've asked for. If you want two-hundred bucks, right out a check to yourself for two-hundred bucks. Act like you already have the two-hundred bucks in your hands and you will have two-hundred bucks in your hand.

Positive thoughts have a much higher frequency than negative thoughts because positive thoughts fill you with joy. Joy is another important key factor to effectively applying the secret. Feel good all the time. If involved in a negative situation, turn it into a positive situation and any future situation you will encounter, if using the secret correctly, will also be positive. Again, like attracts like.

The secret does not only apply to money, but relationships, health, and other things as well. The secret literally applies to anything and everything you could ever want or need. All you have to do is ask! It's that easy!

The first time I recognized the secret working for me, I was sitting on my bed in my room reading. Out of no where, I heard a very annoying buzzing sound. I looked around the room until I discovered a mosquito flying around the ceiling. I worried about it biting me, and then thought to myself, "This is a perfect chance to see if this thing works." I began to think in my head, "I never get bit by mosquitoes. It's really weird. I just never get bit. I've never been bitten by a mosquito in my life. They just aren't attracted to me for some strange reason." When I stopped, I continued to read as the mosquito continued to buzz. Right when I completely forgot about the mosquito, the constant buzzing ceased. When I looked up, the mosquito had flown right into a spider web! My jaw dropped. The very next thing I thought was, "It works!"

I have been using the secret since the day I read the first couple chapters and my life has completely changed. My grades are phenomenal. I haven't been in trouble since before I read The Secret. Seriously! My relationship with my friends is amazing and my relationship with my parents is better than ever. Everything I've needed or wanted, I've received one way or another. It's truly amazing how easily things can change by simply thinking positively.

I encourage you to read The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. If you need guidance or help in any aspect of your life, you have my word that this will aide you to that happier, more healthy lifestyle that you long for. It helped me. Why not everyone else?




My name is Jaycub Moore. I eighteen years old and am attending highschool as a senior. I plan to attend college at UTA (Arlington). I am currently writing for my school's newspaper and have been since I began attending in 2006. I long to write for a magazine or newspaper as a career. Lastly, I've never recieved less than a four on a TAKS essay.




No comments:

Post a Comment