Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Your Secret for Happiness


Are you holding your breath, hoping I'll reveal something that you don't already know?

Or maybe you're pretty sure that whatever I have to say won't be new, but you're curious to know just WHICH "secret" I'm going to reveal? Well, no matter.

Here's the scoop.

Recently I attended a presentation at my local library and that was the title - The Secret of Happiness. Did the presenter reveal some new secret to happiness? Nope.

She reminded us of the age old wisdom that WE are our own source of happiness. I know you know that. It's just that it's easy to forget that nugget of wisdom and instead reach out to other things, people, places, etc. to "bring" us the happiness that we so desperately desire. Sigh. It doesn't work - at least not for long - does it? No argument there.

So what do we do? Well, her advice is to meditate regularly. We have scientific evidence that a daily meditation practice does indeed increase happiness and our sense of wellbeing. I love that and I agree wholeheartedly.

Here's the interesting link for me - it's all about training your mind.

Meditation trains your mind to stay present and not to resist 'what is,' whether that's your thoughts or your current circumstances. Life coaching dovetails nicely with this idea of training your mind.

Why let our negative thoughts run our lives? I mean, really, what's the benefit in that? Okay, okay, sometimes you do have to consider the negative potential of something; I'll give you that. But do you really need to let those negative thoughts run amok as often as you do? I vote NO! C'mon, jump on the bandwagon with me and vote NO! You can do it.

Learn to choose your thoughts so that you feel happier and calmer more often and then act in a manner that brings you joy. Every day. No matter what life hands you.

I'll leave you with a wonderful thought that the present gave us.

It's such a lovely gift that I want to share it with you.

I dare you to start thinking this thought. Starting now...

"I am an unlimited source of happiness!"

Yep, YOU are the secret of your happiness. Isn't that a cool secret? Enjoy!

~Margie




I'm passionate about helping women discover a fulfilling life! I want to help you discover the answers within you that will help you enjoy your journey, get MORE out of your life, and achieve your goals. Are you ready to make the next phase of your life even better? You can begin designing your best life! Why not start today? Small changes can have a BIG impact... start with a tweak and watch it gain momentum. Let me show you how. Visit my website for all kinds of FREE resources - including a FREE workbook on GOALS - and to set up your complimentary consultation: http://www.FulfilledLifeDesign.com




No comments:

Post a Comment